Saturday, December 1, 2012

What Did I Learn Today?

Today, I learned about all sorts of things!

1.) I learned that I like a lot of the music produced by Omnia, a "pagan/wiccan" group out of the Netherlands. I had discovered their song Morrigan quite some time ago, but today I found their songs Fairy Tale and Fee Ra Huri.

2.) Akureyri is the second largest urban area in Iceland. It has a population of 17,000. Despite being 62 miles from the Arctic circle, it has a fairly mild climate, with average winter temperature lows around 22-25 F.

3.) Hello Kitty products are expensive in Japan. So are Christmas cards.

4.) At the top of America's 100 most popular baby names of 2012, Sophia is the top for girls and Aiden is the top for boys.

5.) My friends are getting together a Rise of the Guardians group cosplay.

6.) Dragons appear in many different mythologies. In Norse mythology, there is a dragon, called Níðhöggr, who is endlessly gnawing at the roots of the World Tree.

7.) It is a hoax that red haired people will be elected out of the gene pool within 100 years.


8.) The guy who lives beneath me (or next to me?) plays video games a lot. Sometimes, I swear I hear Day 9's voice. For the record, I don't play StarCraft, I just know a lot about it because my cousin, younger brother and friend play it semi-seriously. It IS the sport of South Korea - I've asked my Korean classmates!

9.) Cheddar is the only delicious cheese I've been able to find in Japan. And it only seems to be at the dollar store.

10.) A didgeridoo is a traditional Australian instrument developed by the indigenous Australian peoples. It has a very distinctive sound and is usually around 4 feet long.



No comments:

Post a Comment