Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 13


Day 13

1.)    ASL seems hard, but I think it would be really useful to learn. Youtube videos are your best friend when learning an entirely visual language. Interestingly enough, the visual cues are very different from Japanese. In Japanese, it’s rude to stare intently at someone and exaggerated facial expressions only really occur in manga (or some of the ruder young adults).

2.)    Pronouns in ASL are fairly simple and have a lot to do with pointing.

3.)    One is able to scald one’s throat without scalding one’s mouth. I’d prefer to scald my mouth next time. It’s like have a really sore throat where breathing hurts…

4.)    Chloë Grace Moretz is now 15 years old. She played Hit Girl in the movie Kick-Ass a few years back and it really boosted her acting career. If you haven’t seen Kick-Ass, it’s a good superhero parody film that puts heroism into perspective.

5.)    Skrillex’s song Bangarang. I feel like this year, I lived under a rock – I missed so much new music.

6.)    North Korea succeeded in launching their rocket this time…

7.)    My friend has a photography collection of awesome Japanese manhole covers – it really makes me want to start my own. A lot of cities here have their own design.

8.)    Double meteor shower this week! :D I may go to the graveyard to see if I can spot any tomorrow.

9.)    My flight, if I’m lucky, will offer 9 movies. If not, only 2 movies for a 12 hour flight. For a wider selection $8 – I refuse. I’ll just have my dad send me ISOs of our DVD collection at home. United is the cheapest major airline I’ve ever flown. They don’t even give you peanuts on the flights from IAD to LAX anymore – 5 hours with nothing to eat what-so-ever. They had better give me two meals on my 12 hour flight…

10.) JSC likes my dad’s software and put it into a quadricopter. My dad really wants one.

No comments:

Post a Comment