Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 12


Day 12

1.)    I repaired my own headphones. I’ve never really fixed anything electronic before – dad’s always done it for me (as stupid as that sounds).

2.)    Inside your headphone wire, there are four little wires. Two go to one earphone, two go to the other. All of them have “enamel” on them.

3.)    One can remove the “enamel” by gently scraping with an exacto knife.

4.)    An exacto knife in Japan, when buying at Shimachu Home, will roughly cost you 350 yen with 10 replacement blades.

5.)    Music in HD headphones sounds so much better than when you listen through speakers (unless you listen very loudly).

6.)    Unsounded is having a fanfic writing contest! The top prize is $150. Second prize is $50. I’m seriously debating on whether or not I should enter. If you don’t read Unsounded, it’s a beautifully written fantasy webcomic by Ashley Cope. She pays ridiculous attention to detail in each page and her story telling skills are fantastic. No Deus Ex Machina in her stories.

7.)    Tonight, it’s going to get down to 3 degrees Celsius. Better wear my coat to work.

8.)    Doctors have cured a young girl of cancer by engineering the HIV virus to encourage the immune system to attack cancer cells. A little reminiscent of I Am Legend – where they used the rabies virus instead.

9.)    My dad leaves at 11:00 pm JPT to go on a business trip. Poor little brother…><

10.) One of the rarest cows in the world is the Randall Lineback, which is only sold in the DMV. There is one shop in Alexandria, VA that sells it.

No comments:

Post a Comment