Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 9

Day 9...and no, not the StarCraft caster.


1.)    One can use Audacity to record YouTube videos on any PC. I don’t know about Macs, but I just tested it out on my computer and now I don’t need those websites anymore. I won’t go into the details here, but you can do a simple Google search to learn how. However, if you truly want to be a good fan, please support the musical artist.
2.)    I learned about the wonderful artist Lindsey Stirling today. She’s fantastic and has a unique sound. I highly recommend her to anyone who enjoys electronic, dubstep or classical (or all three).
3.)    Hiccups, when you have a very stiff neck, are agony. FML
4.)    Typically, the only rain a desert will get is from a particularly strong thunderstorm. This means flash flooding.
5.)    I wouldn’t have considered the States to be a diverse place, but in terms of flora, fauna and environment, the States take the cake. We get some of the strongest thunderstorms and have the most tornados.  We have desert, coastal forest, and swamps. We don’t have much permafrost, but we have many mountain ranges.
6.)    Sprites, often incorrectly referred to as “upper atmospheric lightning”, are actually cold plasma discharges. They occur high above storm clouds.
7.)    A “nor’easter” is a powerful storm system that is essentially a hurricane that dumps snow instead of rain in the American North East.
8.)    Breaking Dawn was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be – good thing they threw that fake battle in there.
9.)    The core of the sun is much much hotter than the exterior of the sun. 14.9 million degrees Kelvin hotter.
10.) The corona considerably hotter than the sun’s surface. The corona is the sun’s “atmosphere”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment