Thursday, July 8, 2010

Been Awhile

It's been awhile but today is my first full day in Japan. I arrived at the Yadoya around 7 p.m. (Japan time) and 6 a.m. (Eastern shore time). The room was really hot but that's because they turn off the AC during the day when no one is here. Took me about 20 minutes but I figured it out a bit. The place is really small. And by really small, the whole room is probably the size my bedroom. This includes the beds, fridge, lockers, TV, bathroom and kitchen. But I already knew it was tiny.

The two girls I'm staying with are really messy. The one girl is sleeping in like, a cave, with so much junk (clothes, things they bought, etc). The other one snores and hits against the cardboard barrier in her sleep. Too bad I'm a light sleeper.

I've been to the conbini twice. The first was Lawsons, and I dropped by for drinks (apple juice that really does taste like apples) and food (sandwiches, haven't finished the third. The first was ham with raw onion and the second was ham with some kind of egg paste. I also bought some Japanese pringles (a habit when I go out of the country, I like something from home to keep me sain.).

My second visit was about 20 minutes ago. Went wandering around and eventually ended up right across the street. This conbini is called Sunkus (I think) and I bought some essential things like tissues, shampoo, bandaids and scissors. I'll leave the left overs here when I leave, though. I can't bring all of it back on the plane with me.

Speaking of the plane, that was the longest day of my life. I couldn't sleep on the last leg, no matter how hard I tried and on the first two parts, I kept drifting off. So all-in-all on my 32 hour day, I got probably 4 hours of sleep. On top of the 3 hours of sleep that I got the night before I left.

The trains from the airport to here aren't that bad. I totally enjoyed the Narita Express (bought with the Suica and NEX package). And the transfer wasn't that hard. Just follow the signs (which are both Japanese and English) and you'll be fine.

I'm completely blown. While my allergy medicine isn't legal here, they didn't check for it at all. I totally could have brought it and saved myself the pain of using nasal spray. Which, by the way, is the most disgusting stuff ever.

I'm done for now. I'll post again with what I did today tonight (tomorrow morning of East Coast USA).

No comments:

Post a Comment