Monday, July 12, 2010

Not Much

Supposed to rain rather hard today. Figure I'll post a little on last night. The Polish girl came back just to check her e-mail and grab her stuff. Polish girl was going to stay here until the last week of August (she's taking a summer language course), but she's moving in with a friend because it's closer to the school.

The French girls left; they couldn't handle this place. I think part of it was because it's so small. It's really not that unclean. It's more like...Lin is living here and it's tiny so her stuff spills out everywhere.

So now there are are 3 empty beds. Meaning just Lin and I. Sooo I left my laptop out because she leaves hers out. Once more girls come and during the day I'll still lock it up, but I just think it's kinda odd that 3 long term people bailed on poor Yadoya and they're fully booked. :( I actually like them; they're very nice. The guy that collects trash always knocks before he comes in (because it's girls only) and never touches anyone's stuff. The young woman and her dad are also very very nice. They even offered to help teach me Japanese and I think I'll try to take them up on it. I'm getting tired of being laughed at.

So yesterday I never left Nakano, but I went to Freshness Burger and bought a lime soda (totally gross, by the way), a hot dog (Dad, you would have died. Even I couldn't finish it because of the chunks of...fat? I'll go with super chewy white blobs that crunched like onions), and then a 7-Up that I didn't know they sold because they didn't advertise it. That's something I've noticed - Japanese restaurants don't post their entire menu. Only part of it. You have to ask for a hand-out. And usually the handout doesn't have English.

Then I went to Baskins Robbins and got laughed at. :( Not to my face, though. I heard them laughing as I walked upstairs with my ice cream. This is the second time...

Then I went to this magical place called the 100 Yen Store. Very similar to the dollar store except everything in the 100 Yen store is 106 yen (including tax). The only excepts are the very few items marked otherwise (I saw a huge beach towel for 350 yen). AND they sell everything from food (no meats, all prepackaged) to kitchenware to school supplies. I bought a notebook (to help me keep track of observations, write down train transfers, directions, etc), some little sticky hooks (that I put over my bed so I can dry clothes inside), some tape (to help pack souvenirs) and two small towels. One I'm using as a floor towel when I get out of the shower and the other is a hand towel for the bathroom.

Today - Headed to Ginza (famous for it's high-class shopping), the Tsukiji fish market (lunch?), and the Pokemon Center (for Dan). If I have time, which I probably will, then I'll head over to Akihabara and Kanda. Akihabara is famous as an electronic hub. Kanda is famous for it's many bookstores.

Until Later

No comments:

Post a Comment