Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Later That Day...

So, yet again I'm back early. This time was to save myself. I could have spent days in Akihabara - but I would be so broke if I stayed there anymore than the two hours I did. It's like an anime convention. Only bigger and it stays around all year. Plus it has everything anime under the sun. Anime beach towels, anime cups, anime figurines (this one is common), posters, magnets, keychains, EVERYTHING. However - it's all in claw machines. Yes, you read correctly. CLAW MACHINES. Like I said on Facebook - It's the world's BIGGEST and MOST EFFECTIVE otaku trap. I ended up blowing about 1500 yen trying to win my boyfriend a Rei figurine and a Monster Hunter creature-thing. He'd kill me if he found out though. He purposely told me not to buy him anything he could get off the internet or from an anime convention...><

I finished most of my souvenir buying for people other than myself...^^" The only people I have left are my parents, boyfriend and my boyfriend's parents. And I might get something else for my brother if something pops out at me. A lot of what I bought for people is general type things like folded fans, little figurines, wall scrolls, etc.

I stayed well within my food limit today. I only spent about...1500 yen today on food. But I blew it a bit in Akihabara, stupid attractive claw machines. The claws are waaaaaay under powered for a figurine. And I literally watched a guy rig the game. He was trying to make sure it wouldn't fall off the ledge, so that the under powered claw would HAVE to pick it up. But I definitely got the claws into the holes on the box and it let go because it couldn't hold onto it. X/

I loooove pricing here. EVERYTHING includes tax and at restaurants, tipping. So no calculating tax or anything, just add up the price and you're good. Plus, even at the huge tourist attractions, none of the prices are unreasonable. I've only gone "whoa" once, and that was on a kimono. At gift shops, typically the most expensive item is between 4500 and 3000 yen. Most of the stuff is between 1000 and 2000 yen. Isn't that great? I bought all the "set" gifts for under 4000 yen and I think they're all quite nice. Very nice artwork. AND everything at gift shops are made in Japan.

How nice. The maintenance worker is here. He's nice, but he doesn't talk much. Once a week he comes by and cleans. Twice a week he picks up trash. Plus, he's cute. And he knows how to really work the AC unit. Some nice cold air blowing on me in this humid little room. Lin had the balcony open to save electricity, but I'm too American to truly enjoy outdoor cooling.

I'm going to try and find something to do this afternoon. I might go out and see a movie or something. Already bought dinner (konbini meals). Perhaps google knows if there are any eigakan in Nakano?

----
Edit - about an hour later
----

Holy crap! I found this spectacular place called Nakano Broadway.

It's got nearly everything an otaku could want. There's book shops, model shops (including a Games Workshop store - Warhammer and LotR), airsoft shops, cosplay stores, manga stores, figurine stores, pagan-belief type stores (with rock magic and incense type), arcades, etc. I even saw some AMERICAN nerds there. Like, with the tucked in shirts and nasally voices. ^^" I had to leave before I bought more stuff. I don't even know how I'm getting my current stuff home... ^^""""

No comments:

Post a Comment