Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cameras

So, a lot of my family members come to me for camera advice, so I figure I would share my opinion on the matter. Before you start looking for which camera I recommend, please keep in mind that ALL cameras have a learning curve and I find the "simple" mode on most cameras just doesn't work.

With that in mind, I shall tell you that I currently use the Nikon Coolpix L100. It's an outdated model and a little underpowered, but it gets the job done and it gets it done well. The files aren't horrendously huge like they would be on a DSLR, but they're usually quite crisp.

A lot of people gave this camera a poor review, but my opinion is that they have a tool they have no clue how to use. Yes, I do get blurry pictures on occasion, but that's almost always in low-light situations OR when I'm zoomed in and can't stop my body from moving.

To understand what makes a good camera, you have to know how they work. I took a class and I played around with my camera for weeks to see what takes the best pictures.

However, I have been thinking that I'd like a more powerful model for some time and I'm definitely going to go for the Nikon Coolpix P510. The only bad reviews are about the video - the zoom is too slow, takes time to focus and is quite loud. And when you think about it, it's very difficult to get a still shot camera to be able to do that and still be affordable. I think the good points highly outweigh the bad here.

 The Coolpix P510 is currently priced at $400.



No comments:

Post a Comment