Thursday, April 11, 2013

Working toward Fitness

While keeping track of the calories I'm eating is pretty annoying, it IS helping. I am a visual person and it enables me to see the calories I'm eating (for better or worse). I will say I get antsy about it - a prime example will be days I'm bored. Like most humans, I have a tendency toward boredom eating. It is my own speculation, but boredom eating makes sense from a biological stand-point.

Back when nutrition was poor, the people who sought out food in their free time would gain nutrients and calories - both of which were not easy to come by. In today's food age, I can just grab a bag of junk and much on that. Twenty minutes ago, I devoured several fistfuls of Cheez-its while reading a book.

However, I see that in the record and I adjust my activity for the day. I do some calisthenics or walk briskly around the block.

I'm no where close to my goal of loosing a pound of fat a week, but I think increasing the speed and distance I can walk is pretty beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment