Saturday, April 6, 2013

MyPlate

I am not one for diets. I am not one for fads. However, I have decided to alter my current diet (which consists largely of junk) and eat healthier. I also plan to consume roughly 1500 calories per day. I burn about 2000 calories in a day from my activity levels and 1500 calories is what I need each day to function. I plan on supplementing this with vitamins, and so far I've been on track. I backtracked yesterday because a friend pointed out that it's not a good idea to cut back on food when I'm sick (battling an epic sinus infection at the moment).

So, this said, I can already say it's going to be a problem for me. Not due to hunger (summer is coming up and I eat significantly less), but knowing what food has how many calories. So, I took NerdFitness's advice and I signed up to MyPlate on Livestrong. It's free and they have most of the foods I eat. The trick is to remember to put in drinks too. I overestimate on beverages, because I drink mostly juice.

The key here is I just want to eat a bit healthier, while decreasing my calorie intake. So, even though I'm devouring a Reese's Cup while I write this, I've been eating more health-oriented foods. Three days this week, my lunch was fresh fruit.

I wonder if I can keep these changes. D:


No comments:

Post a Comment