Monday, April 15, 2013

A Post of Opinion

In the wake of the Texas stabbings and the Boston Marathon Bombings, a small part of me wonders - is this backlash from the gun crackdown?

Currently, I live in another country as a study abroad student. Many of the other students are from Asia or Europe - they think America's gun laws are stupid. They think that's why we have "high rates of crime".

My argument has always been that people that want to hurt someone, or a lot of someones, will always find a way. Putting a gun in someone's hand does not usually make him want to go on a murderous rampage. The people responsible are usually sick - any weapon they can get their hands on will aid their cause. In the Boston Marathon Bombings...it was two bombs.

My heart goes out to the victims of today's explosions. I am glad that so few people died - it is mostly injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment