Thursday, August 23, 2012

Interview

In about 20 minutes, I'll be interviewed by my guesthouse's staff to see if I qualify as a volunteer. I really hope I do, but I doubt it. I'm never good at these sorts of things and I doubt that I'm the kind of person they would go for...of all the work applications I turned in, only one got back to me. The rest didn't even call. Maybe I'm not what they consider to be a good applicant? ^^"

If I do get accepted, I would be volunteering for 20+ hours a week in exchange for discounted rent. They made an error, so I might be an exception to the dorm-only rule - I don't expect them to give me free rent, just the difference between what they charge for dorm rooms and what my room costs (I still have the cheapest single they have available).

So nervous! I'll update afterwards with the results (if I know them at the end of the interview).

---Edit---

 So I'm not sure what happened. I'm worried they may have tried to contact me, but weren't able to get through for whatever reason. I double and triple checked to make sure I had the right day and time - but the man who was supposed to interview me never contacted me. I'm not sure what this means...maybe it's their way of saying "no" politely?

---Edit 2---

Something came up. At any rate, my interview has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning at 8:00 am (21:00 JST). I'm still nervous, but not to the same degree. I'm just glad they're giving me this chance! Too bad I won't have dad's phone, though - our internet has been quite problematic as of late, so we'll see if I can handle powerful calls. At worst, we just reschedule or have an audio call.

---Edit 3---

So after several more cases of phone tag, we were finally able to complete my interview. It turned out to be more of an explanation of possible duties, working in an international team,  and wanting to know my school schedule. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to volunteer or not, but it sounded like I might have already had the job? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment