Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Twinkle and Water

I'm afraid I still don't know if I was accepted into my study abroad program. Let's hope I know by the end of the semester? (The 18th of May).

On a more lightening note, Soshi (Girls Generation) came out with a new single called Twinkle. I really like the song. It's upbeat but with a sexy flair as they're all of age now (they weren't before). However, I'll say the video focuses a bit much on Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun (although I do think Seohyun is adorable). I just know that if I were part of a girl group, jealousy might flair if a new hit featured just 3 out of 9 members. The other members are there, but it doesn't focus on any of their faces at all...

Also, I like that the Korean groups (Shinee, Soshi, etc) have Japanese versions of their songs (mainly because I can understand it and pronounce it much better), but I typically prefer the Korean version. It flows better. That, and I can hear their Korean accent. They enunciate too much on syllables that using get unvoiced - for instance, if I said, "hey, where did you go?" as opposed to "hey, where'd ja go?". The pronunciation isn't wrong, it's just not colloquial.

I've decided to switch to water in my diet as my main source of liquid. We'll see how long I last, as most of my life, I only drank flavored drinks (milk, juice, soda, etc) and water as a last resort. My main issue is that I don't like the flavor of water - because it takes on the flavor of it's container. Water I don't mind drinking comes from our home's well and I have to use my hands to drink it. If I use a container (glass, paper, plastic), it takes on the flavor of the container. I'm so used to defaulting to juice/soda/milk that everything is going to taste funny...>< I actually find that drinking water with sweets is disgusting, which surprises like, everyone I know. Maybe I'm weird?

But I really need to loose weight and this is the only way I can think of in reducing my caloric intake. I will likely go through sugar withdraw (I've estimated nearly half of my calories come from sugar and it's a miracle I don't have diabetes yet - thank god I have an awesome pancreas and metabolism). The reason for this drastic measure? I need to loose weight before going to Japan. I weigh approx 160 pounds (72 kg), give or take, and simple math says to burn fat, my intake must be less than my output. I've also been conscious of not overeating, which has helped some. My coworker flattered me in estimating my weight at 130 pounds (59 kg), but I'm fairly dense (in terms of both fat and muscle - the only place I'm insufficient is in my arms). It's kind of depressing to weigh as much as my dad and both him and my brother always nag me about it.

That's enough for now I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment