Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 2 - Bureaucracies and Shots

So I haven't hit my goal for water consumption, but that's okay! I'm still working towards my goal. I got my allergy injections and I can honestly say I won't miss them if I get accepted to my program. They do terrible things to my arms (essentially, they're severely bruised every two weeks). I'm supposed to report the swelling, but I don't typically do it. I react very slowly to the shots, so the swelling peaks about 1-2 hours after my injections - I only need to be there for a half hour before they check my reaction. It's usually just redness at that point...If I ever feel the need to tell them (as in, I start dying or something), I will, but until then, I'd rather them not send me back doses for what I consider a normal reaction in terms of my sensitive skin (any sort of puncture or scrape always swells on me).

I would also like to comment on the inefficieny of my university's study abroad office. Not only is my adviser incompetent (as anyone who has him will tell you), he requests you do his job FOR him. I'm not the only one who has sent him an e-mail with a question and he responds with "ask your host institution." Wtf? He doesn't even send me the contact information for the people I should be asking - revision, I doubt he even knows who I should be asking. He didn't know what exchanges we had, when the deadlines were, or ANYTHING of that sort. Furthermore, the office itself requires pointless paperwork that defeats the original purpose. We have to fill out paperwork approving courses we would like to take, which I am perfectly okay with. However, if you're in a position like I am, you don't know the courses that are available to you. So they just have you fill in bullshit as a placeholder (do all the work now and have a box checked, then do it all again later when you actually know the information required).

Enough ranting for now. There is work to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment