Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cheesy Thanksgiving Post



Thanksgiving

This post will be kind of cheesy, but I wanted to give thanks in written form to all the things I am grateful for. I’m not particularly religious, but who says you have to believe in God to want to express your gratitude about life?

First and foremost, I’m grateful for having the chance to come to Japan for a year to study abroad. I’m only 2.75 months into my 11 month stay, but I’ve already learned a lot. I can speak Japanese better than I’ve ever been able to (although it’s still terrible). I have had to find an apartment, pay bills and rent. Essentially, I’ve had to make it on my own except for one large factor.

I want to thank my dad and my boyfriend of five years. Without them, this wouldn’t have been possible. My financial situation took a turn for the worst, but my dad was miraculously able to come up with the money to save me from being homeless. I feel terrible that I wasn’t able to live up to my promises.

To my loving boyfriend, thanks for being my support. I’ve never been more grateful to have you for a friend and a lover. Not only have you decided to help me financially, but you still want us to be together, even though I’m 5000 miles away. For that, I think I’m the luckiest person ever.

My younger brother seems to be avoiding me (figuratively) and I haven’t really spoken to him since I left, but I also think it’s awesome that I have such a great younger brother.

I’ve spoken to my mother even less. I’m not sure why, but I have a feeling it’s due to financial constraints. I’m so glad that she helped my boyfriend put together a care-package for me.

I’m glad to have a great aunt and uncle, and great friends, who have helped put together care-packages for me. If I say I miss something, it shows up a few weeks later (within reason, of course). For that, I’m grateful to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment