Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween in Japan!

Today is the famed All Hallow's Eve. Most people seem to think it's not a thing here, but I've seen a lot of people in costume today at my university. There are also large groups of children that dress up as well.

However, it's largely commercialized. I think it's more commercialized than in the States, where we sort of have a tradition of doing it. Oddly enough, most of the fear factor has been taken out of it here, as far as I can tell. The decorations are viewed as cute...

I will update later tonight with video footage of a local Japanese graveyard and some pictures. It was cloudy earlier, but if the moon comes out, it'll be mostly full.

----

So I got some good pictures of the moon and the graveyard, but just as I was going to leave...a feral cat ran up to me, meowing. I took off my hat (I had cat ears that freaked him out) - and he started brushing against me. It was creepy...but I still bought him some food.

I named him Jack the Pumpkin King.

No comments:

Post a Comment