Sunday, January 29, 2012

まだ

I still don't know the results of my interview, even though I was under the impression that it was supposed to be "no later than Friday". But alas, that's how things go, right? The consensus of the people I asked (a couple friends and my dad) was to wait until Wed before I shoot my adviser an e-mail.

In somewhat related news, I found out that the likelihood of me getting into Waseda is pretty slim. They only accept about 125 students each time (world wide). I could be mistaken, but...So I've decided to take up a student loan and to also apply to one of the three USAC programs offered for Japan. The only problem is I'm not sure how much the application deposit is refundable, should I actually get into Waseda. X/

I also found out that the Maruman branch of the Yadoya Guest house (the place I had planned on staying) has been closed. I'll check again in a few months, but it sounds like it was due to damage from the Earthquake. I've found a substitute that actually brings the total cost down a bit since I'm not paying for transit - it's within walking distance from the university. It's so close that I walk further when heading to my boyfriend's dorm on campus here. It's not as convenient in terms of what's nearby, but I don't really have much of a choice. I will say that there is a 7-11, Sunkus, Family Mart and AM/PM within 1000 feet, but all of them are in different directions. ><" The closest post office is near the university (post offices are useful for cash).

I've also become quite cold as of late. The past couple days have been terrible. I wonder if maybe I'm getting sick or if it's something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment