Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Advisers

If you have ever gone to college, you have probably had to meet with an adviser at least once, either for your major or for a transfer or some other reason. What was your experience with them?

I have, in my experience, only had one adviser who actually read my e-mails. My study abroad adviser never answers all of my questions and he rarely knows anything. In fact, I went for an appointment because the deadline was moved up to Jan 16th as opposed to March 15th and he didn't even believe me. He went and checked and then apologized. To me, this is NOT a good sign of the person I have to work with for the next 6th months to make my study abroad real. I have had advisers totally misunderstand my e-mails and not answer any of my questions. I have had advisers e-mail me last minute accepting my appointment time (as in, within a half hour before). They've even answered my e-mail in depth and then at my appointment have no idea about anything they had e-mailed me about (leading my to suspect someone else wrote the e-mail).

I suppose one must simply fight through the idiocracy, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment