Friday, November 25, 2011

More on Travel

I recently came across another packing tutorial for studying abroad in another country. He makes all the same points I did in a more condensed fashion, although I must say I disagree with the no iPod rule. In Japan, you're supposed to be quiet on trains, so when you're on a train for an hour with nothing to do, it can be pretty boring.

I will say that I also had the same feelings the first time I packed for myself. "Am I bringing too much?" Again, I'll reiterate my rule of thumb. If you cannot lift all of your bags simulataneously off the ground and walk easily, you have way too much. For men, a hiking backpack/sturdy suitcase and a laptop bag. For women, a handbag/laptop bag and a hiking backpack.

http://usac.unr.edu/information/packing-tips.aspx

This is a pre-departure list, also from USAC. You should be able to figure out if it applies to you (either your study abroad or your trip).

http://usac.unr.edu/information/know-before-you-go.aspx?display=115

No comments:

Post a Comment