Monday, July 23, 2012

It takes Two

My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years. The first 3 took place in high school and the past 2 years in college. With the sudden abundance of weddings (I have 3 cousins and a family friend getting married within a year), marriage has been so frequently mentioned that it's impossible to avoid. After all, my boyfriend and I have been together for quite some time. However, he never seems interested in talking about it, so I refrain from bringing it up.

I've never been able to actually sit down and plan my never-to-be-mentioned wedding. I believe that planning a wedding should be done together, with the preferences of both the bride and the groom taken into consideration. But for some reason, at least half of the upcoming weddings are pretty much just the bride's idea of what it should be. A good portion of the planning is almost based on the bride's whims. For instance, my cousin's fiancee picked the date based off of the ring it had when she said it aloud. I dunno - it just bugs me. I guess it sort of reminds of that show Bridezillas.

I don't actually want to get married - at least not before I graduate from college.

---
Edit
---
Rather than make another post, I decided just to say it here:

As of late, I've been feeling more and more like the world is avoiding me. I dunno why, but no one really responds to my message anymore... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment