Sunday, June 10, 2012

Not yet

 Ireland was fantastic. To those of you who know me personally, I uploaded the best shots to Facebook. To those who have never been, I shall sum up the country as briefly as possible. Yes, it is as green as any of the photos. That's because it rains there frequently. We were lucky and got 3 rainy days out of 10 total, but that says something about the country. We visited in the least rainy months, too. Ireland is literally dotted with sheep, cows, rock walls (made from removing stones to make pasture lands) and ruins. We saw countless ruins that were totally unprotected and on private lands. It's actually sad that so many people hold 1000 year old sites in contempt. But then, it is a farming country. Ireland literally smells of cow dung. No lie. Speed limits there are set at the MAXIMUM speed you could survive. Tiny, twisty roads that narrow or widen randomly (with occasionally room for one way traffic only on a two lane road) typically has a speed limit of 100 kph. That's around 60 mph.

I STILL haven't heard back from Waseda University. I tried calling earlier today, but Verizon doesn't allow international phone calls without a specific international plan. It quite thoroughly frustrated me, because I had finally worked up the courage to call and then I get Verizon's recorded message saying I needed a special plan.

In other news, I applied to several jobs and I did NOT get jury duty tomorrow, but I have to call back tomorrow evening to check for Tuesday. I'm a little concerned, because it seems I've misplaced my updated juror form, but I distinctly remember my number being in the 200s, so I should be okay, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment