Thursday, August 1, 2013

One Week Left

I have one week remaining in my study abroad and I've been having conflicted feelings. On the one hand, I'd really like to go home. On the other hand, I'm super excited to be going home.

As much as I love Japan, home will always be home, unfortunately.

Moving out has been a serious challenge. Most of my utility companies have been sympathetic to my plight of moving back in the middle of a bill period. The only one that has given me trouble is Yahoo BB (my ISP provider). They say they can't send my bill early and that I'll need to have someone else pay it for me. Uh, what? I even had a Japanese friend try to straighten it out for me and I still got this BS. I'm lucky in that I can leave money with a friend and use their home as a forwarding address, but what about all the other foreigners? Oh, right, all you're doing is encouraging us to get blacklisted the next time we come to Japan for rogue bills.

I haven't really been able to find people who want my stuff either. I've tried Criagslist and Gaijinpot, but seriously...not many people have responded and those who have all ask for the same four items (that have already been taken).

Luckily, the end is in sight - I need to be completely moved out of my apartment the morning of the 6th and my plane leaves around 4:30 from Narita on the 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment