Monday, July 8, 2013

As of today...

Today marks the start of my last month in Japan. Guess I should say something?

I have very mixed feelings. It's not that I don't want to go home...it's more that I don't think I'm ready to leave, especially since I've made so many wonderful friends. I've gotten used to this new "normal", this routine.

And to be honest, I'm really going to miss the freedom of living alone. It can be very, well, lonely at times, but I can choose what I want to do and when. I'm not limited by things like having to make sure someone knows where I am at all times or having to wait forever just to catch the bus/train. Hell, I'm going to have to re-establish my dominance over the car when I get back, especially if I have a job. If I'm too lazy to make dinner, I can just pick something up at the Aion or the 7-11 or the Lawson - and I don't get scolded when I want to eat junk.

I'm also afraid of all these moving-out procedures. It's VERY daunting - even more than moving in was. But I'll get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment