Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sapporo

In less than two hours, I'll be on my way to the airport. It's currently snowing heavily in Tokyo, so it'll be annoying until I get to the closest station (about 10 minutes ). After that, I don't have to go outside, so I'm safe from the weather.

This is a good time to mention that packing light can be a great help. By only packing what I can physically carry, I can deal with situations like this where it's likely I'll have to carry my rolling suitcase in my hands to prevent my clothes inside from being soaked.

I'll update once I arrive in Sapporo.

-------- Update

First off, Sapporo isn't nearly as cold as everyone makes it out to be. It's about as cold as DC is at night, maybe a little bit colder because the wind seems to blow.

Secondly, the sidewalks are about a foot higher than they should be because rather than remove the snow, people just trample it down into an ice walkway. Interesting, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment